Salary: £30,000 – 35,000 dependant on experience
Williams & Dunne is a well renowned and established Consumer legal practice business and is part of a large and diverse group of businesses that operate across many separate sectors including media, financial services, legal and software development. With offices in London, The Midlands, Wales, The North of England, and India, the combined businesses employ over 450 employees, that are focused in providing our customers with high quality products and services, that are backed up with rigorous customer service and care.
You’ll be joining our extended team of colleagues at an exciting time, as we are expanding and investing in new business ventures that will extend the range of products and services for our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Williams & Dunne to join our litigation team.
We are one of the fastest growing law firms in Wolverhampton, specialising in civil litigation in particular financial claims. We are currently recruiting for a Junior Litigator within our company to help us with our planned growth.
The role would suit a head of legal, litigation solicitor or legal executive all with management experience and circa 3-5 years post qualification experience. Candidates from a personal injury background and seeking a retrain opportunity will be considered.
- Minimum of circa 3-5 years PQE experience for any background.
- Responsible for managing, developing and empowering any direct reports as well as coaching and developing other lawyers in the team.
- Experience of working within a volume driven claims department is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of the civil procedure rules and their application throughout the litigation process.
- Practical experience of Part 7 small claims and fast track litigation.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical approach to reviewing documents.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- A team player who can build relationships with co-workers and clients alike.
- Target driven
- Have an ability to plan and prioritise team workload
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to value claims along with a proven track record on file settlements.
- Familiar with using Pro Claim or other case management software.
- Good understanding of legal accounting principles.
- Possessing a “can-do” attitude and being willing to go the extra mile.
- Experience of acting for claimants in litigation.
- Some advocacy experience either attending court or telephone hearings would be advantageous.
- Experience in financial claims would be advantageous but training can be provided.
What we are offering:
Excellent work, team, salary and opportunity for the right candidate.